The Project Discovery Ropes Challenge Course is located at Sky Tavern Park on the Mount Rose Highway, just 20 minutes from Reno. The course, containing more than 45 elements, is nestled amidst the aspen and fir forest of Mount Rose. We are one of the largest challenge courses in the country, offering a full range of elements: ground, low and high.
Typically, most groups range in size from 15 to 150 people. We offer a full day of programming that progresses at a speed that is appropriate for your group needs. Our strategy includes both playing and learning, with trained facilitators prepared to debrief each activity to help your group make the most of their time. Each day ends with a focus on “taking it home” so your group can connect their experience with their own life challenges.
Most of our challenges are designed for partners and small groups. Whether you’re climbing The Wall, conquering the Ring Of Fire, or racing a friend down our dual zipline – you’ll share an experience that brings your group to new levels of teamwork, leadership and communication.
Each day at our course is tailored to meet the specific needs of each group. We can provide high intensity training for athletes or pure fun for a child’s birthday. We will do our best to make sure your group is successful. We can accommodate participants from 5 to 75, with varying physical abilities or special needs.
If your group is looking for a more in depth program, multiple day and night programming is available. From the simplest camp experience, to a catered affair in the Skytavern Lodge, we’re happy to make it happen.
• The base pricing for one day challenge courses for youth groups is $45 per person. For adult non-profit groups the rate is $65 per person** The minimum booking is 15 people. One day courses typically include 7 hours of programming. Courses normally run from 9 am until 4:30 pm but we will happily adjust to meet your needs.
• Two day courses are booked at double the normal rate and include the following options:
- Overnight tipi camping $150
- Use of the camp kitchen (BBQ, camp stove, utensils, etc) $250
- Night Programming (includes night elements and interactive adventure*) $25 per participant
** Youth groups include schools, athletic teams, scouting groups etc where participants are under the age of 18. Non-profit adult groups include government agencies, volunteer organizations and students groups and athletic teams above high school level.